10.09.2009

Trying out speed painting



I honestly didn't know what speed painting was all about until I tried 3CH. I did this under thirty minutes without refrence which was super hard. The topic was, " a shining owl jumps on a fly in a castle"
I feel like I got something right but I didn't really drive home the concept. I wanted to keep the painting time under a half hour and I wanted to show the concept from the fly's perspective but I had no clue what anything looked like from that perspective so I went with what was easy. I feel like I did what was easy for me when comming up with a composition because it was too hard. It really showed me how much more I could learn. No color either because I didn't even think of it, so i didn't try to force it in there.

4 comments:

Massi said...

30 minutes? thats really impressive man......

joefeinsilver said...

thanks bud, try it out for yourself. There is a link on the side bar. It comes up with some pretty wacky things. You don't have to time your self or not use ref but it will defeat the purpose of the whole speed painting thing.

Caro said...

This may just be my love for owls talking, but this is totally sweet. I love the silhouetted guards.

joefeinsilver said...

Hey thanks for the encouragement, its much appreciated.